Tulsa Youth Symphony
Audition Information for the 2018–2019 Season
Musicians from all over northeastern Oklahoma are selected by audition in mid-May each year. In 2018, auditions will be held after school the week of May 21; applications will be accepted starting in April.
Save the audition dates:
- brass and woodwinds--May 21 & 22;
- violins auditioning for Concert or Symphony Orchestra--May 21, 22 & 23;
- violas, cellos, and basses auditioning for Concert or Symphony Orchestra--May 22 & 23;
- musicians (all string instruments) auditioning for Preparatory String Orchestra--May 25.
- percussion auditions will be arranged separately.
Successful auditionees are assigned to one of Tulsa Youth Symphony's three orchestras. We welcome new members!
Whether or not you've auditioned in the past, you will need to read this page and the links below to learn how auditions will be handled this year. Being in Tulsa Youth Symphony is both an honor and an obligation– learn about membership and auditions before you apply.
- Do you play one of the instruments used by Tulsa Youth Symphony?
- Do you meet the eligibility requirements?
- Which orchestra might be the best fit for me?
- What will your audition be like?
- If you've read about eligibility requirements, best fit and audition requirements, you are ready to decide which orchestra you would like to audition for
- When and where are auditions?
- Review your excerpt, to be published here May 8, 2018.
- Find out your audition time here by midnight, May 15, 2018.
- Review our Fast Facts for fees and expectations.
- Complete the online audition application by May 11, 2018 to receive first-come, first-served preferential scheduling. Credit or debit card is required for the $20 application fee. If you do not have a card, please contact Laura.Peterson@tyso.org to make other arrangements. Late applications & fees will be accepted May 12–18, but will incur an additional $15 fee.